I have been defending those charged with criminal offenses since I started my legal career as an intern with the Sacramento County Public Defender’s Office in 1997. I continued with the Sacramento County Public Defender as a trial attorney until 2007, at which time I opened my private practice.
During my many years as a criminal defense attorney, it became increasingly clear that there was a tremendous need for immigration attorneys with experience in criminal law. As a result, I have expanded to offer a full service immigration practice.
Above all else, I consider myself a trial attorney. That means if we need to take your case to trial to safeguard your rights, you can be confident that I have the experience necessary to fight for you when that time comes.
- Admitted: State Bar of California, 2000;
- US District Court, Eastern District of Calfornia, 2001
- Law School: University of the Pacific – McGeorge School of Law
- Undergraduate: University of California, Berkeley
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers
- La Raza Lawyers Association of Sacramento
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Mexican Consulate of Sacramento PALE Referral Attorney for Criminal Defense